Mission & Vision
Global Seed Planters lives to see the day when every person in every rural community, to the ends of the earth, is transformed by the incredible love of God.
Global Seed Planters is transforming lives and communities through strategic partnerships that empower and equip local leaders to be an expression of the love of Jesus in some of the most needy, overlooked, rural regions of the world.
We Are Unashamedly a Christian Organization Embracing the Following:
- Kingdom Minded– Life is not about building a name for ourselves but for Jesus. He must increase, we must decrease. It is about the King and His Kingdom. We are under orders. We believe in the King’s goals, the King’s commission, and the King’s dreams.
- Clear Mission-Every tribe, every village, every rural person is our passion. The farthest ends of the earth is our goal. The least, the last, the lost is our focus. Until the last rural village hears is our commitment. Working in and through local leadership in their local community is our method.
- Humility-We don’t know it all and don’t pretend to. Our knowledge, our money, our methods, our leaders and our experiences are not necessarily the best. We stop, look and listen. We learn. We prefer others whenever possible.
- Servant Leaders-Serving others is our mandate. We come alongside leaders at the grassroots level. We help to develop and empower them. We do not use others to serve our programs or our agenda. Our desire is to serve the God-given vision, call and best practices of local leaders who are focused on bringing the love of God to the unreached in their communities and regions of the world.
- Team Players-We are team centered in our approach to our work and we seek to partner with leaders who embrace a team approach as well. We believe we are better when we leverage our gifts and resources to work together for a common goal.
- Creative Thinkers-We believe in thinking outside the box. We do not have a one-size-fits-all approach. We take the time at the grassroots level to ask questions, listen, explore, research, and implement innovative approaches with local leaders to get the job done as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Risk Takers-We go for it! We love a challenge. We acknowledge that the 10/40 window includes some pretty tough places, tough conditions, and tough people. That doesn’t scare us. We know that people who live within the strongholds of Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Communism, Animism, and Spiritism will not be easy to reach.
How We Operate and Do Business Day to Day
- Common Sense-We use common sense in our work because our work is supported by common cents. We believe in sensibility and simplicity. Our goal is not dependence but self-sustainability.
- Work Ethic-Rural Leadership Development and Community Transformation is our calling and our job. We work hard at it. We believe in a strong work ethic in the office, in communication, and in our partnerships…both at home and overseas.
- Honesty & Integrity– We still do business in a very personal way…through relationships. In a day of technology we still believe that there is no better way than spending time together face to face. When we make a promise…you can count on it. You have our word.
- Clear Communication-We say what we mean and mean what we say. We are committed to faithful and honest communication with our donors and partners around the world.
- Money Matters– We believe in accountability and transparency in our work together. We believe in receipts, records, reports, and results.
- Authority & Accountability– As the saying goes, “To whom much is given, much will be expected.” We serve under authority and seek to partner with others who also will function within healthy systems of authority and accountability.
- Method-Our primary focus is partnering with national leaders. They have the home-field advantage. We identify, encourage, empower, and equip local leaders. We work smarter, not harder.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the divinely inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His sacrificial and redeeming death through his shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His ministry of intersession, and in his physical return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and empowerment, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. The mission and ministry of this organization are absolutely dependent on the work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God imparts to every believer the desire and the power to reach the lost with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that the saved are resurrected into eternal life with God in heaven and the new earth, and that the lost are resurrected unto eternal separation from God in hell.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and in one Lord, one faith, one baptism.
- We believe that biblical marriage is instituted by God and is between one naturally born man and one naturally born woman who enter into a covenant relationship to the exclusion of all others through the sacrament of a marriage ceremony.